When I was 9, my Aunt Sandy gave me the complete set of Little House on the Prairie books. I think I read them all in the next 4 days.
Then when the television series came out, I watched every. single. episode.
I heart Little House on the Prairie.
Remember the television episode where Nellie invited Almonzo to have dinner and was making his favorite dish…Cinnamon Chicken.
Nellie asks Laura to borrow some cinnamon and Laura in the height of jealousy rips off the cover to cayenne pepper and gives her the cayenne instead of cinnamon.
Show of hands, who was cheering Laura on even though she was being naughty???
Well, this is what immediately came to mind when I saw the recipe for this past FFwD.
Chicken B’stilla is a Moroccan dish where the chicken is marinated in cinnamon, saffron, and some other spices. Then before it is baked, it is sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar.
All I have to say is Morocco…when I visit you I will be eating at McDonalds.
PS. I still have that set of books. They are ratty, the covers are coming off, but I still cherish them…and so does my girl. She still reads them.
Good Sunday everyone.
Today I am thankful for…
♥ A fantabulous day with my girl. We had SOOOOOOOOOO much fun.
♥ My taxes are all filed and finished.
♥ A new yarn store on Main street
I am so thankful you are here.
It is time for me to post my FFwD.
Only… my job is kicking my FFwD butt. (sorry mom)
I am half way through the recipe.
I have the chicken shredded and the liquid strained…but that is as far as I got.
I will be finishing it tomorrow.
The good news is that my laundry is done.
I didn’t think dogs shed their coat in the winter.
but I was oh. so. wrong!
Dear Bundt pan,
Where are you???
I looked high and low…well, that isn’t exactly true, I made Superman look high and low, while the girl kept saying “Mom! *eye rolling* you threw it away!” wherein I argued back “No I didn’t”.
This went on for several minutes, while Superman dug though cabinets muttering “you did to throw it away”.
After Superman “man looked”, I looked and you are no where to be found.
How can I make our fabulous TWD selection of Nutty Chocolately Swirley Sour Cream Bundt Cake without you?
I ended up having to use my tube pan, and then! revelation of revelations!
I did throw you away.
Your non-stick coating was flaking off and getting into my lovely cakes.
Now I’m gonna have to replace you, because I have more bundt cakes to make, especially this one.
Internet, if you don’t make anything else I have made, MAKE. THIS. CAKE.
You don’t even need to put the swirley in. This cake is out of this world good.
It is so good that after I took it out and briefly, and I do mean briefly, rested I ended up eating 2 pieces.
If you want to find the recipe, you can find it at my good friend Jennifer’s blog Cooking for Comfort.
It is Monday morning, Internet…and I am nosy.
- There are superheroes named Superman, Superfly, and Supergirl. Based on your performance last week in whatever you did, what would have been your Super_____ name?
- This week, what has been super terrific and what has been super lame?
- Which of Superman’s abilities would have been the most useful this week?
- What do you most expect will be super this weekend?
- What are your thoughts this week about the coming Super Bowl?
- BONUS QUESTION. What will you be serving for your Super Bowl party
1. My super name would have been SuperVoice.
2. Super terrific~~a paycheck. Super lame~~uhh….nothing really..
3. I really could have used his super hearing abilities this past week.
4. This weekend will be super because I will not have to work.
5. Superbowl? eeehhhh I’m not really into sports. I do however, watch the Superbowl and I am glad that the Steelers are playing because Superman is a huge fan…
6. I am clueless.
January my friend, you are rushing so quickly by.
Please take the snow and the cold with you.
Today I am thankful for ….
♥ Family. I had such a great time with the parents and Aunt Sandy yesterday. I didn’t want to leave.
♥ A paycheck