Hey there Internet.
It is Monday, and I am nosy.
I rarely do a meme on my blog.
But today I am.
I’d love it if you’d join in.
1. Hot Chocolate or apple cider?
2. Turkey or Ham?
3. Do you get a fake or real-you-cut-it-yourself Christmas tree?
Real tree…must! have! real! tree!!
4. Decorations on the outside of your house?
Sigh….yes… Superman would wrap the entire house in lights if he could.
5. Snowball fights or sleddin’?
Snowball fights. When I was little, mom would tell Sister and I that dad was getting ready to go to the store, and to hurry up and get our coats on, sneak outside and surprise daddy with snowballs. I don’t know about Sister, but it is one of my very favorite memories of my childhood.
6. Do you enjoy going downtown shopping?
7. Favorite Christmas song?
Handles Messiah…I know…I know…it is a whole bunch of songs, but I like them all.
8. How do you feel about Christmas movies?
It depends. I love White Christmas, I can not stand It’s A Wonderful Life~~that movie has always depressed me~~
9. When is it too early to start listening to Christmas music?
December 1. Don’t start with Christmas music till at least the 15th.
10. Stockings before or after presents?
11. Go to someone else’s house or they come to you?
12. Do you read the Christmas Story? If so when?
We always read Luke 2 before opening presents, to remind us that Christmas isn’t about gifts, it is about the gift that we received 2,000 years ago.
13. What do you do after presents and dinner?
Go to my parents, play games, ogle all our loot.
14. What is your favorite holiday smell?
Fresh pine boughs
15. Ice skating or walking around the mall?
How about curled up on the couch with a mug of hot chocolate?
16. Do you open a present or presents on Christmas Eve, or wait until Christmas day?
17. Favorite Christmas memory?
One of my favorite Christmas memories is one of the very first memory I have of Christmas. I remember being at my Grandparents house, sitting on a black ottoman leaning against my Uncle Jimmy. He was rubbing my back. The room was toasty and filled with family, laughter, and the soft glow of the lights from the Christmas tree….and I fell asleep lying in my uncles arms. I think I was 3.
18. Favorite Part about winter?
How beautiful the snow is before everyone tramples it all up, shovels it away, and it gets all brown and gross.
19. Ever been kissed under mistletoe?