Today I am thankful for…
- Sweet nurses at the hospital
- The boy is home from the hospital
- The boy feels better
- Hot chocolate
Today I am thankful for…
It is Friday and I am nosy.
1. Tea or Coffee or juice in the morning, and why?
2. What’s your typical breakfast on workdays, and what on weekends?
3. What do you drink through the day?
4. Best snack?
5. Your favorite dinner when you cook for yourself alone?
1. Water in the morning….and in the winter time hot chocolate
2. Cereal if the boy isn’t here, and if the boy is here….cheesy scrambled eggs, sausage and toast.
3. Water during the day. I’m all about the water
4. The best snack that I have is a peanut butter granola wrap. Take a flour tortilla. Spread it with peanut butter. Drizzle that with honey. Then sprinkle on some granola. Roll that up like a jelly roll, and slice into pin wheels. Fabulous.
5. I hate to cook for myself alone. So I just don’t. I’ll take a flour tortilla and put some cheddar in the middle, roll it up and heat for 1 minute. Voila. A cheesy.
It has been raining most of the last 2 weeks.
And when it hasn’t been raining, it has been threatening to.
All I have wanted to do is curl up on the couch and knit and watch TV.
And this is exactly what I have done.
Sunshine I miss you.
Could you please come back and stay???
The Blonde came over for supper last night.
I hugged her, and squeezed her, and was just so excited.
I think I scared her.
I served her my Caramelized Apple French Toast Casserole.
All who ate it loved it.
To make it, make this recipe from PW, and between the bread and the topping add this.
Cut each apple in half, then each half into 8 slices, then cut those slices in half.
Melt the butter in a non-stick skillet. When it is melted, sprinkle the sugar over top. Cook this for a minute or two so that the sugar caramelizes. Add the apples, stirring to coat. The caramel might seize, but it will smooth out during cooking. Stir and cook apples for about 5 minutes.
This will become something that I make for Christmas breakfast.
And cousin Jerry, no sweat or arm pit hair came in contact with this dish.
I do not like bread pudding.
It is just to eggy, and gross.
Elizabeth of Cake or Death? picked today’s TWD of Apple-Apple Bread Pudding.
And I didn’t want to sit out on two weeks in a row.
It just so happened that last week PW posted baked french toast casserole that had almost the same ingredients.
So I thought…how about I marry the two and see how it goes.
I’m gonna be serving this for supper tonight, so I haven’t put it all together.
But I’m gonna put the apples on top of the bread, then the topping.
I’ll post a final picture after it is done.
And speaking of getting married……
The boy is engaged to the Blonde.
We are just so happy.
If you want the original recipe for Apple-Apple Bread Pudding, go check out Elizabeth’s blog.
I watch Survivor.
I don’t watch much reality TV, but Survivor is different.
It is reality meets game show, so technically it isn’t a reality show.
So, last night was the finalle.
And let me just say that the girl and I were tickled to death that Russel didn’t get a single vote.
It made me smile to see him sitting there in the final three for the second time, and watch his face as his name was never called.
Not only was Russel arrogant and a bully, but his lust for control and his greed did him in.
He was just a nasty player.
I honestly think that Parvati played the better game, but her alliance with Russel in the end cost her the game.
I also think that Parvati deserved even the $100,000…but that is just me.
What do you think?
Today I am thankful for….