Today is Memorial Day.
The day when almost everyone has a day off, but most forget why they do.
Today I’d like to give a big shout out to the people in my family who have served this country.
First Superman. He was in the Army in the 1o1st Airborne and he was also a Sniper.
- J. Baker~~cousin
- J. Buesman~~cousin
- Robert F. Gossett(deceased)~~my great Uncle. He served in WWII in Africa and Europe.
- Robert C. Teal(deceased)~~my Grandfather. He served in WWII.
- R. Teal~~uncle
- R. Teal~~cousin
- Jerry Monroe Baker(deceased)~~ my Uncle. He served in Vietnam.
- Noble Gene Murnahan(deceased)~~my Grandfather. He served in WWII.
- J. Murnahan~~uncle
- J. Gossett~cousin
- T. Hersman~~cousin
- D. Teal~~uncle. He served in Vietnam in a munitions dump.
Thank you for your service, for the sacrifice that you and your families have made to keep me free.
Freedom isn’t free.
Today I am thankful for…
- Superman and everything he does for me
- The girl’s friend who lets her come over and swim in her pool
- Listening to their laughter…laughter is one of the best sounds in the world
What are you thankful for today?
It is Friday Internet, and I am nosy.
- What store/s is it impossible for you to emerge empty-handed?
- Where do you go when you need to spend a little bit of make-me-feel-better money?
- What store did you used to frequent but no longer find appealing?
- If you opened your own retail store (not a food-service establishment), what would be its theme, name, and target clientele?
- If you had to purchase all your friends’ gifts at one store for the rest of your life, which would you choose?
What store/s is it impossible for you to emerge empty-handed?
Since I don’t frequent many stores, it would have to be Walmart
Where do you go when you need to spend a little bit of make-me-feel-better money?
I shop online at Baker’s Catalog
What store did you used to frequent but no longer find appealing?
If you opened your own retail store (not a food-service establishment), what would be its theme, name, and target clientele?
It would be a spa/massage/make-up store…centered on pampering women.
If you had to purchase all your friends’ gifts at one store for the rest of your life, which would you choose?
Bed, Bath and Beyond
And a huge Happy Birthday to my Aunt Cindy and cousin Amber.
I have never been a patient person.
I can not say for sure, but I am almost positive that when I was born, I came out saying ‘Feed me now! Why did it take so long to get here? Where are my clothes? Change my diaper! Aren’t you going to feed me already?”
But in the last 4 years I have learned to be patient.
To sit quietly and wait …patiently even… especially when this is all you have to look at.
PS. The boy is good. The docs know what is wrong with him and are fixing it.
The boy has a medical procedure this morning.
I have been crazy insane, so needless to say…no TWD was made.
And I wanted to make it so bad, but with all that has gone on this weekend…I totally forgot.
I don’t have much for you today Internet.
This past week has been just a wee bit frazzling.
- I found out that the boy is engaged
- Then he got fired from his job
- Then he was in the hospital
- I found out just how uncomfortable hospital chairs are
- I took a mental health day yesterday and it was good.