It is Friday, Internet, and I am nosy.
Today, in honor of my friend Applie I am asking red questions.
- What is your favorite red food?
- When were you last caught red-handed?
- What’s your nicest red article of clothing?
- Who’s got the loveliest red hair?
- Which do you prefer more, red or pink?
1. My favorite red food has to be strawberries.
2. Caught red-handed? Last night the boy came in and I was eating cookies.
3. I have no red articles of clothing. Sorry Applie
4. One of the girls friends has lovely red hair
About a year or so ago, my refrigerator decided it didn’t want to be a part of the family anymore.
It began freezing all the items on the top shelf, thawing the items in the freezer, and the door…well lets just say that duct tape came to live on the top of the fridge so that it was always at hand to tape up the shelving in the door.
Being that frugality is in over half of the genes in my body I forced the fridge to continue to work.
Every morning we did a little temperature dance…tweaking here and there to keep my food chilled.
Finally the fridge decided it didn’t want to dance anymore, and threatened a total revolt.
So, Superman and I went in search of a replacement.
We found one, and it came a couple weeks ago.
It is amazing the things that you find underneath your fridge.
5 cat toys
Enough cat fuzz to make a whole new cat
And the fly swatter that Superman told me we didn’t have.
Please note that there are no coils on new refrigerators.
That means that I don’t have to clean back there anymore.
Now I’m dancing a jig…solo.
Blondie came over this past weekend to spend some time with the boy.
Unfortunately the motor on for the auto zoom on my lens has finally bought the farm, kicked the bucket, bit the dust, gave up the ghost, departed, succumbed, is no more.
That is why this picture is so out of focus.
I have become lazy…depending on that auto focus.
That means I need to take more pictures.
Hey! Blondie! Come over this weekend. I need to practice.
Growing up, the Mother always served balanced meals.
I would have been totally happy with the meat and starch and be done with it all.
I did eat my veggies because if I didn’t then I wouldn’t have gotten the dessert, and to me the meal is just the precursor to dessert…right?
Mary of Popsicles and Sandy Feet picked today’s TWD.
They are full of chocolate, coconut, oats and fruit.
Well, someone made them that way.
I made a ‘turtle’ version.
Pecans, butterscotch chips, and semi-sweet chips.
There is more add-ins than there is dough.
Which makes for a fabulously thick cookie with tons of flavor in every single bite.
I love these cookies.
I added in some vanilla, because I don’t make cookies without it, and I also used brown sugar instead of the molasses.
If you want to make the fruity version or the turtle version, go check out Mary’s blog.
I highly recommend my turtle version because fruit does not belong in cookies.
On Saturday, after a couple weeks fraught with fraughty-fraught-fraughtness, Chloe got away from me.
I wonder if it is because of this.
Why yes, Internet, they are little girl panties with 101 Dalmatians on them.
I have cream colored carpet and surprise! she is in heat.
Fortunately, today she is back home…right where she belongs…wearing a pair of white panties with Lady and the Tramp on them.
It is Friday Internet, and I am nosy.
- What is one thing you always have with you?
- What are two things on your night-table (or next to your bed)?
- What are three things you learned in the last seven days?
- What are four things parents always tell their kids?
- What are five things you paid for in the last month?
1. One thing I always have with me is my purse.
2. 2 things on my night-stand?
My C-PAP and lotion
3. 3 things I have learned in the last week?
Uhhh…..my computer is getting old…I inadvertently deleted part of my Photoshop…and I don’t know what to do without my Photoshop.
4. 4 things parents tell their kids…
1. Because I said so, that’s why. 2. If your not careful, your face might freeze that way. 3. Say ‘please’ and ‘thank you’.
4. Stop texting and pay attention
5. Five things I paid for last month
2. dog food
3. ER visits
5. new Photoshop