It is Friday, Internet, and I am nosy.
- Be honest: what are some rules you have for yourself that don’t really make much sense?
- What rules of questionable sense did your parents have for you when you were young?
- What’s a rule most people (if not all people) seem never to obey?
- There are no rules governing the giving and receiving of Valentine’s Day gifts, but what rules should there be?
- If the Golden Rule says you should do unto others as you’d have others do unto you, what would the Silver and Bronze rules say?
1. Hmm…..I don’t know….I think all most all rules make sense.
2. No comment, because the parents read this blog.
3. While driving the car, most people don’t use their turn signal.
4. There MUST be chocolate given, and if not chocolate, something sparkly.
5. Silver~~Take responsibility for your actions. Bronze~~Quit whining….oops….I don’t seem to follow that one very well…
Now it is your turn.
We all are adjusting nicely to having a dog in the house.
It has been rather fun.
Chloe is sweet, and serious.
Oh…there have been a few ‘accidents’ on the floor, but they have all been cleaned up quickly.
But unfortunately, not all of us are happy Chloe is here.
Chloe just wants to play, but Grace is having none of it.
And Whiskey feels the same way.
There are two foods that I have never seen my father turn down.
The first is a piece of my mother’s cherry pie.
And the second is a home made chocolate chip cookie.
Now I have made over 42 million CCC’s in my lifetime…or at least it feels like it…and I have to say that my favorite is the old standby, the beloved Toll House cookie.
This recipe of My Best Chocolate Chip Cookies that Kait of Kait’s Plate picked for today’s TWD WWD is very similar to the Toll House recipe.
I The boy at my insistence did a wee bit’o tweaking.
I The boy used butter flavored Crisco for half the amount of butter. I did this so that they wouldn’t spread as much.
This, as you can see, didn’t work at all.
Also instead of the 1 cup of nuts, I the boy put in a bag of toffee bits.
They were fabulous, but I still like my Toll House better.
And daddy….I froze some dough, so the next time I come up, you’ll have some fresh cookies to munch on.
If you’d like to try this recipe, go check out Kait’s blog. The recipe is there. I promise.
Dear people of Pothole,
Please shovel your side walks. Not only is it the law, but it is helpful when one is trying to walk the dog.
Wet from the knees down.
PS. A huge shout out to the blond haired, blue eyed Asplundh man that came to my rescue yesterday. Chivalry is not dead!
PPS. TWD will be up later.
It is official…I have a dumb dog!
Yesterday Chloe decided to bark and growl at my mother.
It seems that mom is some sort of threat.
You are only supposed to bark and growl at bad men who break and enter my house, not my harmless mother.
rethinking the whole dog thing
PS. I want a taco
Happy Valentines Day, Internet!!!
Today I am thankful for…
- Superman getting up earlier than I do to take the dog out to do her business.
It is Friday, and I am nosy.
- What is your favorite blanket like?
- What was the last thing you baked?
- What television personality gets you most hot and bothered?
- When did you last burn yourself?
- What are your feelings about hot sauce?
1. My favorite blanket is my down comforter. I got it on sale at Land’s End, and it is the most delicious blanket I have ever owned.
2. The last thing I baked was my TWD brownies.
3. Most hot and bothered? angry or sexy????
Sexy?…….Oh…they are way to many to name, but I hearted Patrick Swayze
4. Last year.
5. I have no feelings for hot sauce. I don’t eat it. Period!
Now, it is your turn!