I heart apple crisp.
Actually I could just eat the crisp, apples be hanged.
Many times I do just that.
I’ll get me a serving, and scrape all the fruit out, give it to Superman and eat the crisp and the apple juice.
I also tend to scrape off all the icing off a piece of cake and eat just the icing.
I tweaked today’s TWD recipe just a wee bit.
Okay, a lot bit.
Em of The Repressed Pastry Chef chose Cran-Apple Crisps.
I made Caramel Walnut Apple Crisps, and I added freshly grated nutmeg to both the apple filling and the topping.
I made it this way for several reasons.
- I happen to think that caramel, walnuts and apples go together very well.
- I’ll eat the apple filling a whole lot better if it is surrounded by gooey caramel, which will make me look more like an adult, instead of a picky 5 year old.
- I didn’t have any cranberries.
- I refuse to put raisins in anything, aaaaand
- I don’t like coconut in my topping.
Ok, so this recipe looks absolutely nothing like Dories recipe..except for the apples…and the topping.
I haven’t baked it yet because I want to eat it warm for dessert tonight, but I just know it is going to be fabulous.
You just can’t go wrong with caramel, and crisp topping.
If you want the recipe, go check out Em’s blog.
You’ll be very glad you did…especially if you add caramel and nuts to your apples.
This was absolutely fabulous.