Time~~how you frustrate me.
Plans~~how you fail me.
I am a planner. I plan situations out in my head, and by now you’d think that I have learned my lesson because those plans rarely come to fruition, but still I plan…and plan.
My plans for yesterday were these…
- Get up at 6am
- Spend about 30 minutes tapping out a delightful blog post
- Take a shower and finally shave my legs
- Be at the church at 7:15am for a great day with my church ladies in Canton at a Circle of Friends conference
The reality of yesterday was this…
- Stumble out of bed to the bathroom
- Pry one eye open to check the time
- F.R.E.A.K out because it is 7:10am
- Run down the stairs to call pastor to see if the lovely church ladies will please, please, please wait on me
- Run back upstairs
- Rudely wake up Superman and begin to bark orders like a drill sargent
- Take a 3 minute shower, completely forgetting about shaving the legs….again.
- See that the girl had sweetly laid out all my hair product
- Furiously throw on moisturizer and do hair
- Run to the bedroom to see that the girl had sweetly laid out all my clothes
- Throw on clothes
- Run down the stairs
- Grab all the stuff that Superman dutifully had done for me
- Drive to church doing coughcoughcough mph
- Arrive at the church 25 minutes after waking up
No slacking yesterday.
I had never heard of the Circle of Friends before. They are a group of housewives that get together and sing.
I have a circle of friends, but we don’t sing together.
This woman is hilarious. She comes over to my house on Tuesday nights and we eat, and laugh, and play games. I’d go insane without her.
This is her cousin. She brings me free range eggs. I’d go hungry without her.
This lovely lady is hilarious too. She is tall and has sassy hair. I wish I had sassy hair. I am so glad she is my friend.
We also heard from Sheila Walsh.
Have you ever seen Sheila Walsh in person?
If you squint real hard, you can see her.
We were kinda late, sorry ladies, and we didn’t get good seats.
Sheila talked to us about letting go.
She shared some of her testimony about some of the struggles she has been having in the last couple of years, and how God has been teaching her to let go.
I took brief notes.
- The way to God is intentional and vigorous.
I had never thought of being vigorous in my walk with God.
- Don’t look for short cuts to God
She also read the scripture of the wise man and the foolish man building their house on the sand. She explained that in Jerusalem, all houses were built on the sand, but you couldn’t see the foundations of the houses like you can in America today. The weather there can go from sunny to a flash flood in an instant, and when that happens the foundations of the houses are revealed.
- Only a storm can reveal your foundation.
It gave me pause to wonder…what kind of foundation will a storm reveal in my life.