Seasonal Affective Disorder
SAD is a type of depression that is triggered by the seasons, specifically the winter season.
I suffer with it, and have for a good 20 years.
This year it has been extremely bad, and I am blaming it on the ridiculous time change!
Yep! That’s my story, and I’m stickin’ to it.
Common symptoms SAD include the following:
- A change in appetite, especially a craving for sweet or starchy foods~~check
- Weight gain~~nope
- A drop in energy level~~check and check again!
- Fatigue~~Uh huh!
- A tendency to oversleep~~nope
- Difficulty concentrating~~what was I saying?
- Irritability and anxiety~~heaven help those around me
I sit on my couch, knit socks, catch up on my backlog of TiVo, and wish I had enough gumption to get up and make a big pan of cinnamon rolls so I could eat every. single. one.