Archive for July 2010
Internet, thanks so much for the advice on Melatonin. I haven’t been to the store yet, but last night I finally figured out why I’m not sleeping well.
I’m on sensory overload.
My legs, they jump.
My back, it is itching because of all the healing and peeling it is doing.
My chest, it is still a ‘hunk of burnin’ love’ let me tell ya!
My forehead is on fire where I peeled it before it should have been peeled.
To top it all off, my eyelids and earlobes are peeling as well.
In other news, It is Friday and I am nosy!
- What kind of grades did you get in school?
- Do you have any birthmarks?
- What’s the story behind one of your scars?
- What do you usually use to mark your place in a book?
1. What kind of grades did you get in school?
Well…..it depends on which grad we are talking about. I’m just going to say I was average. That’s my story and I’m stickin’ to it!
2. Do you have any birthmarks?
Nope, and we won’t eeeeeeeven begin to talk about stretch marks!
3. What’s the story behind one of your scars?
I have scars on my left hand.
You see, I was a bully. An awful sister. I know, I know…how could a sweet Chocolatechic have been a awful sister, but just ask her. I was.
Anyway, Sister is claustrophobic. And I would use that knowledge to be ever. so. mean. I’d give her a hug and then lock my hands behind her and she couldn’t move. She would get all freaked out. So, she cut all her fingernails into points and would claw me so I’d let her go. Smart one that Sister. I don’t think I ever did that again.
I’m much nicer now.
Sister, you know how sorry I am for being such a bratty sister.
I love you. Mean it.
4. What do you usually use to mark your place in a book?
I really should use a book mark, but generally I just dog ear a page.
I am very tired of seeing you come and go.
I really wish that somehow you would speak to 10 o’clock and have him knock me out.
refusing to take a sleeping pill
Last Saturday, we all went swimming at Lake Park.
Thank you Superman’s work for having a family day.
Aside from the stupidity of me forgetting sunblock, we all had a great time.
When one goes swimming at a public pool, one sees some very interesting things.
- People not only have strange tattoos, but they tattoo themselves in strange places.
The multitude of tattoos on your body were strange. The placement of them was even stranger, but the flaming sun around your nipple was just. a. bit. much.
- People wear much less than they should.
Dear Size 18,
I didn’t even know that they made string bikini’s in that size, but seriously? No one larger than a size 6 should never, ever even begin to consider a string bikini. I suggest investing in a cover-up.
- Once in the water, no one wants to get out.
Dear Mother of the one month old girl in the adorable pink hat,
When I said “Mommy, your little one just spit up”, I had hoped that you would get out and take care of it, not wash her off in the pool water that I was standing in.
- Grown ups begin to act like children.
I wonder who they belong to?
We had a blast.
I don’t know who was the first person to mix butter with sugar, add some flour, eggs, vanilla and baking soda, and decide to bake it up.
But whomever it was, I want to send them a huge thank you note.
They were totally brilliant.
I’d also like to send a thank you note to the inventor of butterscotch chips, and toffee bits.
They have my undying gratitude.
Dorie Greenspan gets my thanks today, because she decided to combine them all together to make Chewy Chunky Blondies.
A huge shout out to Nicole of Cookies on Friday for picking this recipe for today’s TWD.
But Internet, the best part of all is that I get to eat them.
You could too if you go to Nicole’s blog and get the recipe.
I have never been burnt this bad.
I can not sleep.
And even a cold shower causes pain.
I heart aloe vera.
Last week, I went to a Pampered Chef party.
I ordered a mix’n'chop.
I ordered this because I have been told that I can not live without it.
It seems to work.
Tell me, what is your favorite Pampered Chef item?
Hey there Internet.
Today I am thankful for…
aloe vera gel.
Very early Wednesday morning, I was flushing the toilet and my back had a spasm.
And I quit moving.
I spent all of Wednesday trying to find a comfortable position to be in.
I spent most of Thursday laying on the floor because “they” say that the best place to be when your back spasms is the floor. What “they” don’t tell you is once you get down there, your back won’t let you up.
Today I am moving about.
Today is also Friday and I am nosy.
- Who is most likely frustrated at you right now?
- Who were you most recently frustrated with?
- On a scale of 1-10, how easily do you get frustrated?
- How best do you deal with frustration?
- How can people tell, just by looking at you, that you are angry/frustrated?
1. Who is most likely frustrated at me right now?
Uhh…..I hope no one, but I’d imagine that The Boy and Blondie are.
2. Who were you most recently frustrated at?
3. On a scale of 1-10, how easily do you get frustrated?
Oh how I’d love to say that I’m laid back, mild mannered, and sweet…but those that know me would know that that is a bald faced lie….so I’d say that I’m around a 6 because I have been working on it.
4. How best do you deal with frustration?
One of 2 ways…I either talk it out, or if my frustration turns to anger then it goes internal.
5. How can people tell, just by looking at you, that you are angry/frustrated?
I just asked the girl. She said ” Your eyes go hard and get a darker blue, and your mouth goes into a straight line and you clench your jaw”
So, I asked the girl how often I look like that. She said at least once a week.
So then I asked who is it generally directed at, and she said Dad or the boy.
Not a pretty picture of myself, but it is honest.
I need to work harder and some Valium.
Today is TWD day.
Today’s recipe is Lot’s of Ways Banana Cake.
Again with fruit in cake.
Again, I did not make.
I do, however have a poll question for you all.
Which do you like better on a cake?
Or do you prefer a cake decorator icing?
I need to know.
I want to know.
Tell me….tell me…tell meeeee………
Remember my beautiful Rose of Sharon “fence”?
Well, over the last month, something freaky-deeky has happened to them.
So last Thursday…very early before the bee’s began buzzing, I went out and trimmed this first bush so that people walking down the sidewalk wouldn’t get attacked by my lovely bushs.
I just cut about a foot off of each limb, and voila….bush is back.
So I asked Superman to do the rest, because …..bees! they scare me.
He butchered my ‘fence’.
Superman….he is there right now.
Today I am thankful for…
♥ Air conditioning. Especially in my car. Oh…how I have tried to be frugal and not run it, but I just can not seem to turn it off.
♥ That The Boy and The Blondie both have jobs.
♥ My parents love my children and can not wait to spend time with them.
♥ Today is National Ice Cream Day…which means that I should probably celebrate it…right???
Like my new blog layout? Please note that if you want to comment, that you need to click up top underneath the date. It isn’t at the bottom anymore.
It is Friday, and I am nosy.
- What movie did you see that you were sure you would dislike but ended up liking?
- What food did you used to dislike but now enjoy?
- What silly fad or craze do you remember immersing yourself in?
- What was the last thing you regretted purchasing as soon as you got it home?
- How would you describe your taste in the opposite sex (or the same sex, if you lean that way)?
1. What movie did you see that you were sure you would dislike but ended up liking?
2. What food did you used to dislike but now enjoy?
3. What silly fad or craze do you remember immersing yourself in?
Hmmm…..I don’t think I ever did.
4. What was the last thing you regretted purchasing as soon as you got it home?
I rarely regret purchasing anything, and if I do, I almost immediately return it.
5. How would you describe your taste in the opposite sex (or the same sex, if you lean that way)?
I have always been drawn to tall, blond haired, blue eyed men with a very strong jaw line. I love a man who can make me laugh, who is kind and tender, but as strong as I am so as to not let me run roughshod over them.
How about you?
I don’t know how many of you read The Pioneer Woman’s blog, but I have read it faithfully every day for over 2 years now.
I love her style of writing.
I love her photographs.
I love the fact that we are the same age. ~~You’d think that with all this loving going on, it might help me win one of her contests~~
I love most of her recipes.
Now don’t be hatin’ but I do not like her cinnamon rolls. I have a much better recipe that I think is out. of. this. world. fabulous. Her icing for them, however, I could eat with a spoon.
When she came up with this post about the wrong/right way of making cinnamon toast I had to laugh.
I have always made mine like approach #3. That is how my mom made it for me.
I laughed out loud at her “right” way approach, because I would never….ever….make time to do it her way.
Until last night.
And Internet…she is right. It is the best way to make cinnamon toast.
I’m sorry I ever doubted you.
A true believer, who would love to win one of your contests
Yesterday morning, I took the girl to the dentist.
We haven’t been in almost a year.
It is for this reason that I deserve a Mother of the Year award.
I am pleased to report that she has no cavities, but she has stress and clenches her jaw, which is causing her entire mouth to hurt.
The doc suggested braces.
Because I’m Mother of the Year material, she is getting a Walmart mouth guard.
The things we do for those we love.
For instance, today’s TWD.
Karen of Welcome to our Crazy and Blessed life pickedBrr-ownies.
The brrr is for all the peppermint patties in them.
Now I love me a good Peppermint patty, but not in my brownies.
Superman, hearts mint in his chocolate. His favorite ice cream is chocolate chip mint.
So instead of making an entire batch of brownies that no one else in the family would eat, I made mini’s.
Please don’t fall over dead, yes! I made mini’s.
And since Superman is diabetic, I only made a few for him.
And the rest for me, and Blondie, and the Boy.
Unfortunately I had the same problem that everyone else did.
The mint bubbled and melted and stuck to everything.
And in a totally disappointing turn of events, these are dry.
As a bone.
However, I know that they can be saved with a bit of ice cream and hot fudge sauce.
Everything can be saved with a wee bit of hot fudge.
Hey there Internet.
- I am struggling to keep my eyes open. I haven’t been sleeping well, and the dreary isn’t helping much.
- Sunday morning, while waiting for everyone else to get ready for church, I was on Facebook, listening to Fox News. FN was saying that some 60+ percent of women get on Facebook every morning before they even brush their teeth. Ewwwwww! Some even get up in the middle of the night to answer posts. For the record, I make my bed, shower, check my email, and type my blog all before getting on Facebook. Take that statisticians.
- I have had the urge to knit. Now I generally don’t get that urge in the summer months because ….well I don’t know why. But I have started another pair of socks. They are ugly. But I continue to knit them because that urge…it is fierce. I might take a picture later.
- The girl continues to look for a job. However, since unemployment in Pothole is almost 15%…not many jobs are to be found.
PS. I’m hungry.
PPS. I couldn’t care less about Labron James.
Today I am thankful for….
♥ It being cool enough to turn off the air conditioner
♥ My girl. She is beautiful inside and out. She makes me smile, laugh and I am so glad that God blessed me with such a special person.
♥ My DIL. She is beautiful inside and out. Superman and I have been praying for her since the boy was about 10 years old. God answered our prayers with a lovely woman. I couldn’t have chosen better myself.
♥ Sleep. I have finally slept well the last 2 nights and it has been heavenly.
How about you? Are you thankful for anything?
It is Friday Internet, and I am nosy.
In the fairy tale of your life….
- who is the knight in shining armor?
- who is the evil villain?
- who is the loyal, comedic sidekick?
- what comes right after “Once upon a time…?”
- who is the fairy godmother?
1. Superman is my knight in shining armor
2. Evil villain??? hmmmmmmm…..I don’t think there is one…
3. My friend C. is my loyal sidekick.
4. Once upon a time…on a boring street in Pothole…
5. Sadly, I don’t have one. Oh…how I wish I had one.
How about you???
On the 4th, while the insiders were busy lounging, relaxing and snuggling, the outsiders were busy too.
See! Superman can not resist the babies whether they are inside or out.
But even the outsiders need some rest too.
Unless they are in the pool
On the 4th, we went over to the Parents house to celebrate.
Superman almost immediately assumed the position with his little buddy, because Superman can not resist the babies or the cartoons that they watch.
There was eating.
There was relaxing.
~~The Mother threatened me with bodily harm if I put this picture on the blog, but since I cut her mostly out, maybe I’m safe
Don’t kill me ma! I love you.
Pray for me, Internets.~~
But mostly there was snuggling.
Today is TWD day.
Dharmagirl of Bliss: towards a delicious life chose Tarte Noire.
It is a chocolate tarte filled with a ganache.
And shocker of all shockers…. I didn’t make it.
What I did make was an apple pie and deviled eggs for our families 4th of July get together.
I came home with more than I took.
The rest of my apple pie~~which….note to self, don’t just use all green apples. Tart apple pie is just not as good as a not tart apple pie~~, some banana split cake, and buns.
I just don’t need the extra dessert.
Next week is going to be brownies, and I will definitely be making these.