Archive for January 2010
Hey Internet, it is Friday, and I’m nosy.
- What’s your favorite “just add water!” food?
- What’s your favorite thing to add vinegar to?
- What’s something weird you’ve added to normal food?
- What’s your favorite thing to add whipped cream to?
- What’s something you refuse to add anything to, even though most people add something?
1. Instant potatoes
2. The rinse cycle in my washing machine
3. I don’t do weird!
4. My mouth
5. Steak. I’m a purist.
The economy is so bad that …
- I got a pre-declined credit card in the mail.
- I ordered a burger at McDonald’s and the kid behind the counter asked, “Can you afford fries with that?”
- CEOs are now playing miniature golf.
- If the bank returns your check marked “Insufficient Funds,” you can call them and ask them if they meant you or them.
- Hot Wheels and Matchbox stocks are trading higher than GM.
- McDonald’s is selling the quarter ouncer.
- Parents in Beverly Hills fired their nannies and learned their childrens names
- A truckload of Americans was caught sneaking into Mexico .
- Dick Cheney took his stockbroker hunting.
- Motel Six won’t leave the light on anymore.
- The Mafia is laying off judges.
- Exxon-Mobil laid off 25 Congressmen.
- I was so depressed last night thinking about the economy, wars, jobs, my savings, Social Security, retirement funds, etc., I called the Suicide Lifeline. I got a call center in Pakistan, and when I told them I was suicidal, they got all excited, and asked if I could drive a truck.
My brain…it is fried, and it is only 7:30 in the am.
Maybe there is something to that whole ‘over the hill’ thing.
Here are some things that you might or might not want to know.
- I’m getting burnt out on school
- I haven’t played Bejeweled Blitz in over 24 hours and it makes me sad
- Superman has diabetes
- My mother’s birthday was on the 5th of this month, and I still haven’t wrapped her present.
- I miss my sister
- I watch The Bachelor
- I let my daughter watch it too
- I haven’t seen my son in 24 hours and that makes me sad too.
- Jack Bauer rocks!
Have you ever met someone that was difficult to get to know.
You really want to get to know them, but they have this hard crusty shell.
But once you break through, they are just the sweetest people, and you just can not get enough of them.
That is exactly how today’s TWD recipe of Chocolate Oatmeal Almost Candy Bars, that Lillian of Confectiona’s Realm picked for today was.
A thick oatmeal cookie base.
Then a rich chewy chocolate layer, with chopped nuts.
It was supposed to have raisins in the chocolate layer, but ewwwwwwwwww raisins!
Shoot me now!
And then a bit of the base for the top.
It was supposed to have cinnamon in the cookie layer, but I didn’t include it for one reason.
I put Reeses peanut butter chips in the topping, and I didn’t think that cinnamon would go with the theme of chocolate and peanut butter.
This was a fun, quick and easy dessert.
It was fabulous tasting, and I plan on making this again and again.
If you’d like to make these, go check out Lillian’s blog. She has the recipe.
Make sure you have a full glass of milk to drink when you eat these, because they are rich!
A thick heavy oatmeal base.
Hi there, Internet.
I missed you over the weekend, but I was busy.
You see I have been making the boy a sweater….for Christmas.
Yes, I gave it to him unfinished.
Yes, I’m a bad mother.
So I get to almost finished with it, only to realize that I messed it up.
So now I get to FROG it down to the arm pits…
He might get it before next winter.
It is Friday, and I’m nosy!
Here are the questions of the day.
- What’s something you frequently misplace?
- For whom are you often mistaken?
- When were you last misinformed about something important?
- Where in your home do you have a seemingly random collection of miscellanea?
- When you meet someone for the first time, what qualities in the other person are likely to cause you to misjudge him or her?
I have been sitting here thinking of so many different witty things to post, but I’m coming up blank.
All I can think of is the suffering going on in Haiti.